Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mistakes?

Have you ever felt like you've made a big mistake? And after that comes the feeling of regret? Probably each of us have been in that place. I thought about writing it because this is a mistake I've made long ago but it still influences me in a way. I won't go deep into details but let's say it caused me a lot of pain and a lot of time to heal my wounds a bit. It was a mistake in a relationship anyway. The problem about making a mistake is not the action itself but the consequences you get. It's like in my case - the consequences were my inner conflicts and unpleasant emotions. What I've learnt from it is that the hardest thing is to forgive yourself. No really, it seems so easy but it is not. My mind tells me that it was not only my fault and that I have had excuses but it doesn't really help me, you know. Another thing that I've learnt - if you don't want to do something or are not sure about it - better don't do it. Very often we get influenced by someone who's pressing on us saying - this is a right thing, everyone does/should do it, come on - there's no problem. But there IS a problem if you don't feel like doing/not doing something. So now I am guided by my own feelings - if I'm not sure about something I'd better wait till I find out than make another mistake. On the other hand, mistakes are necessary - we can learn on them. It's just so difficult sometimes to live with them or to forgive other people and yourself first of all. But the most important thing is to remember about those mistakes, learn from them and don't make them again. In this case it can be a positive thing about it and we won't have that much unpleasant moments after it.

No comments:

Post a Comment