Thursday, June 23, 2011

Coming back

So, I've made up my mind to make a tattoo (the one above). It's not just my whim... I've been thinking about it for a long time. On the one hand that's something I want to do, on the other hand my parents (especially my Mom) are against it and I was also afraid that it's forbidden by religion. Another point for me was health issues. At the end of the day I made up my mind on the following:
1) I won't tell my parents because they won't understand that and also because I don't want them to feel nervous or bad (unawareness can be good to a certain degree);
2) There are several passages in Bible that are usually taken as something against tattoos, but there are others that can be understood as supportive of some special marks on the body. So I decided that my body was given to me and I have some right for it, so the tattoo won't change my personality or my character and will have no actual impact on my soul or my spiritual life.
3) The health issues that can be caused by a tattoo. That was a big question to me. At the end I hope that the master that will make a tattoo is a good one (I believe she is). Apart from that there is, of course, some kind of risk, but the same one is even when you are doing your manicure,  so there risk is present always.

The point that I'm making is: I don't know how it all will be in the future- whether my parents find out or not, whether it will be fine or not, but at the point I think I'm pretty sure about it because it's worth risking. The symbol means a lot not only for Hindus, but also for people who are trying to develop and follow their spirituality. By this I mean that this symbol being on my body will always help me remember why I've done it and what I want to keep with it - my spirituality, connection with the Universe and myself. Let's hope I'm not making any mistake:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment